Saturday, July 16, 2011

Busy Summer...

I have been so busy this summer that I didn't even stop to write when I posted pictures in my blog. Another reason I don't write so much is because I think in Portuguese and then I have to write in English...Well, I guess I could write in Portuguese... :) But then, not all my friends would be able to read my posts. But again.... Who cares about my posts.... :) JK
So many things have been in my mind.
Life sometimes can be complicated. I often wonder how hard the Plan of our Heavenly Father is and why He allows bad things to happen to good people.
Some people are just bombarded with sad circumstances that are beyond their agency. They did not choose, it just happened to them..That sometimes is hard for me to understand.
 And then, there is agency!! Why can't He just make us DO the right instead of letting us CHOOSE the right. As a mother I would like to just force my kids to choose the right!! It is the hardest thing to see them suffering from the poor choices they make!! When they are little, its easier...You can hold their hands really hard as you are crossing the road, so you know they will safely get to the other side..but then they grow and your hand is not welcome anymore. "I know what to do mom"! :(
At Camp, Sarah, for the first time, felt the desire to bear her testimony and she talked about Jason and his decision not to serve a mission. That reminded me of that time, that seemed like such a long time but it was only 3 weeks. 3 weeks of sadness and headaches. I saw Jason sad and crying. I was reminded of myself, when faced with hard decisions. One beautiful Sunday morning, after doing what Heavenly Father said we should, pondering, fasting and praying, He made a decision to see if that was the right one. I had never seeing Jason so happy! His life changed after that for the good, and because of his decision, he changed the life of others and will continue to change without even knowing it. The Holly Ghost wants to have the opportunity to show us if we made the right choice, but for that to happen, we have to choose first, and then He will have the opportunity to show us, to make us feel in our hearts if what we are doing is right. If it makes us happy,, it is the right choice!! Its a little complicated, but it is a wonderful thing!!!! It is a talent to be sensitive to the Spirit! I am still trying to develop this talent!!
 Sometimes I wonder if I did really raise my hand when my oldest Brother presented His plan.. :) It would be easier the other way!!!
 I know Heavenly Father loves me so  I have no doubt about Him having a plan for us. I know He has it all planned out and I know that if we choose a different rout than the one He picked for us, life gets harder, the road is bumpier and we cry a little more, but He will, with love, guide us so we can get Where He wants us to get. I think about this every day!
Well, I didn't mean to give a talk! Its just my thoughts!
I miss Jason! Miss his hugs and complains to... :)Is so good to be around him!
I am glad we have Stephanie. Can't imagine life without her!
I wish I could make Jeff make better choices....he is doing much better though...I cant really complain. He is so loving and funny! I love him so much!
I wish I could make Sarah stay little.... :) She could be 4 for ever! :) Yesterday at the Camp ceremony she got the Friendly butterfly award, because everyone that was asked if they made new friends at camp, didn't matter the age, said " yes I met my new friend Sarah Rodrigues". She is so sweet and love her friends. I am so thankful she is my daughter!
I have Joshua too...He is a hero!!! I can not imagine someone else keeping up with me...No one would have the patience he has....(sometimes) with me. It is not easy or cheap to maintain a Ferrari or a Bentley, he should have picked a simple Mercedes....He laughs when I say that, he knows that most of the time I feel like an old bike!!! :)
I miss my friends..The ones in Brasil, the ones in South Florida and the ones around this small big world....What a blessing to have them!
I have my mom! My best friend. I would be nothing without her..
Then there are my nieces....They are my friends too! I love them!!
Ok, enough of all that!!
If you were interested in reading this long post...I probably love you too!! :)






No comments: