When kids are little is so easy to show them what is best for them to do. To explain why, and they actually think you still know something. They usually eventually listen..and they usually, eventually obey. When they grow...They think we don't know anything....we are just trying to control them. Maybe I should not say "they" cause I am sure its not all of them...just mine... :(.
Well...It's been hard for me to understand this faze....to be patient and to love unconditionally. Of course I love...but in a way it is harder to show...Its so hard for me to see life being wasted in the computer or in front of the TV. To see them surrounded with people and not saying a word..just texting some friend that is not even present.Can't I live in a house with no TV and no computer and none of those things that take them away from life and what is really important???..It is hard to be firm with them....to give them a rule and enforce and reinforce it. I keep thinking I can NOT give up!!! It would be so much easier to just give up!!! Let them do whatever they want. I already tought them what is right and what is wrong, now is their choice....But I do not feel it would be right. It is still my responsability and I can not give up!!!!And I won't!!! Even if I have to share a tear now and then.....I can't give up!I have to remind myself of that!!!!
On the other hand, teenage years are very exciting and fun. You have big kids that some moments that don't last very long, are very loving and caring and you can talk as if you were talking to a friend. They are funny and happy and that brings a good spirit to the house.
I keep remind myself that I only have one more year with Jason in the house. A year from now I have to share him and his time with the One that gave him to me for this 18 years....Then when he comes back he will go to college and probably get married...and by that time Jeff will be going on his mission...And by the time he will be thinking in getting married, Sarah will probably go...With all the trials with kids that sometimes I have...I dont want them to go....I dont want them to live the house!!!! I wish they could always be little and ask for their mommy all the time.
Jason wanted to be with mom always. He could not stay in primary by himself.....and he was already older than 8!!!! I use to be mad at him....."You are a big boy now Jason" I would say...
Now I wish he would want mom to go with him somewhere.....I wish he woud not be such a big boy... Life is funny!!
Oh well!!You, my friends, that have small kids...Be patient with them!!! Enjoy them!!!Those are the best time of your lifes!!!



2 comments:
ahhhh Paty... vc me arrancou lágrimas! vc expressou tão bem os sentimentos de uma mãe, que eu já quero parar no tempo, pois consegui vizualizar extamente o que tenho pelo frente
thanks for share!!
beijos
nossa tia patty.. tava quase crying aqui... :) Babies grow up... mas eles vao sempre need you...c essas fases passam.. lembro quando eu queria ver a minha mae so de longe, e hoje eh tao bom that i get to spend a little bit of time with her. Eles tambem vao miss quando eles eram mais novos. life is so complicated sometimes...eu sempre fico lembrando de como era tudo tao facil quando eu morava em casa... but this is life...
i love you!!!
Post a Comment